Effective from 4th January 2021
TheIoTPodcast is operated by Paratus People Limited (“Paratus”). Paratus is registered in England and Wales. Registered number: 10121147 Registered address: 1st Floor, Canningford House, 38 Victoria Street, Bristol, England, BS1 6BY
TheIoTPodcast is a trading name of Paratus. TheIoTPodcast is a global media business that operates primarily in Video and Audio production namely ‘Podcasts’
We take data protection very seriously and understand the importance of protecting your privacy and Personal Information. “Personal Information” is information that identifies you as an individual such as your name, date of birth, email address, IP address.
How do we collect information from you?
Please do not submit or engage with the TheIoTPodcast if you do not wish us to collect said information.
Please be aware that we may also infer certain information about you from your expressed search preferences. We also collect from:
- our websites (the “Websites”);
- the software applications made available by us for use on or through computers and mobile devices (the “Apps”);
- cookies (“Cookies”);
- publicly available information; and,
- other tools and applications (our “Online Content”).
What Personal Information do we collect?
Personal Information we collect about you may include the following:
- General identification and contact information: your name; address; email; IP address; telephone details; gender; marital status; family status; date and place of birth; physical attributes including photos.
- Other sensitive information: trade union membership, religious beliefs, political opinions or racial or ethical origin, and criminal record.
- Information enabling us to provide products and services: age, location, whether or not you hold a driving licence that enable identification of job search (for example, post code or job role).
- Marketing preferences: enter a contest or prize draw or other sales promotion or respond to a voluntary customer satisfaction survey.
- Statistical information: aggregate statistical information about site visitors and users for internal use and for other lawful purposes e.g. Salary averages. We provide this information to customers, advertisers, suppliers and other reputable third parties. Where we provide such information, we will provide this in an anonymous format and not include any Personal Information.
- Information from Apps: submit comments to the Site, participate in message boards, blogs, send us emails or any other user generated content facility.
- Publicly available information in relation to professional history: educational background; employment history; skills and experience; professional licenses and affiliations; educational and professional qualifications.
What legal basis do we rely on to process your Personal Information?
On some occasions, TheIoTPodcast processes your data with your consent. For example, we rely on consent when we send promotional material or when you link your TheIoTPodcast account to your Social Network account. You have the right to withdraw consent at any time. Where consent is the only legal basis for processing, we will cease to process data after consent is withdrawn.
TheIoTPodcast also processes your data when it is in our legitimate interests to do this and when these interests are not overridden by your data protection rights.
Our legitimate interests include:
- ensuring the security and integrity of our Services and in ensuring that our Websites operate effectively;
- selling and supplying goods and services to our customers;
- protecting customers, employees and other individuals and maintaining their safety, health and welfare;
- promoting, marketing and advertising our products and services;
- sending promotional communications which are relevant and tailored to individual customers;
- understanding our customers’ behaviour, activities, preferences, and needs;
- improving existing products and services and developing new products and services;
- handling customer contacts, queries, complaints or disputes; and,
- fulfilling our duties to our customers, colleagues, shareholders and other stakeholders.
The processing is necessary because of a legal obligation that applies
TheIoTPodcast may process your data to comply with our legal and regulatory obligations, e.g. preventing, investigating and detecting crime, fraud or anti-social behaviour and prosecuting offenders, including working with law enforcement agencies.
Who do we share your Personal Information with?
Our group companies
Our service providers
This includes external third-party service providers, such as accountants, auditors, experts, lawyers and other outside professional advisors; IT systems, support and hosting service providers; printing, advertising, marketing and market research and analysis service providers; document and records management providers; technical engineers; data storage and cloud providers and similar third-party vendors and outsourced service providers that assist us in carrying out business activities.
Governmental authorities and third parties involved in court action
TheIoTPodcast may share Personal Information with governmental or other public authorities (including, but not limited to, workers’ compensation boards, courts, law enforcement, tax authorities and criminal investigations agencies); and third-party civil legal process participants and their accountants, auditors, lawyers and other advisors and representatives as we believe to be necessary or appropriate: (a) to comply with applicable law, including laws outside your country of residence; (b) to comply with legal process; (c) to respond to requests from public and government authorities including public and government authorities outside your country of residence; (d) to enforce our terms and conditions; (e) to protect our operations or those of any of our group companies; (f) to protect our rights, privacy, safety or property, and that of our group companies, you or others; and (g) to allow us to pursue available remedies or limit our damages.
Other third parties
Occasionally, we may share Personal Information with other third parties. We will always do this under contract and in accordance with your instructions.
How we use Personal Information?
We use Personal Information to do some or all of the following:
- Communicate with you as part of our business;
- Send you important information regarding changes to our policies, other terms and conditions, the TheIoTPodcast Website and App and other administrative information;
- Provide improved quality, training and security and manage other commercial risks;
- Carry out market research and analysis, including satisfaction surveys;
- To understand and analyse customer engagement with our Site, content and emails;
- Provide marketing information to you (including information about other products and services offered by selected third-party partners) in accordance with preferences you have expressed. Please be aware you can always change these in your account;
- Personalise your experience on the TheIoTPodcast Website by presenting information and advertisements tailored to you and by providing you access to selected services of our group companies;
- Develop and improve our Website and Services (where possible we will anonymise your information before we do this);
- Allow you to participate in contests, prize draws and similar promotions, and to administer these activities. Some of these activities have additional terms and conditions, which could contain additional information about how we use and disclose your Personal Information, so we suggest that you read these carefully;
- Facilitate social media sharing functionality;
- Manage our infrastructure and business operations, and comply with internal policies and procedures, including those relating to auditing; finance and accounting; billing and collections; IT systems; data and website hosting; business continuity; and records, document and print management;
- Resolve complaints, and handle requests for data access or correction;
- Comply with applicable laws and regulatory obligations (including laws outside your country of residence), such as those relating to anti-money laundering and anti-terrorism; comply with legal process; and respond to requests from public and governmental authorities (including those outside your country of residence);
- Establish and defend legal rights; protect our operations or those of any of our group companies or insurance business partners, our rights, privacy, safety or property, and/or that of our group companies, you or others; and pursue available remedies or limit our damages.
International Transfers of Personal Information
Personal Information which you supply to us is generally stored and kept inside the European Economic Area and the UK.
How can you manage or delete Personal Information?
When you access our website online, we store some information about you. This is anonymous and used for statistical purposes.
Please note that TheIoTPodcast reserves the right to remove from our database, any content that we consider to be illegal or offensive.
If you would like to permanently delete your account, you can send an email to our Data Protection Officer (DPO) (datacontroller@TheIoTPodcast.com) with the subject line “Permanently delete my information and account”. Please do not forget to tell us who you are. It is important for you to protect against unauthorised access to your password and to your computers, devices, and applications. Be sure to sign off when you finish using a shared computer.
TheIoTPodcast is committed to keeping your personal data safe and secure from unauthorised access to or unauthorised alterations, disclosure or destruction of information that we hold.
Our security measures include:
- encryption of our services and data;
- review our information collection, storage and processing practices, including physical security measures;
- restrict access to personal access to personal information to TheIoTPodcast employees, contractors and agents who need to know that information in order to process it for us and who are subject to contractual confidentiality and processing obligations. They may be disciplined or their contract terminated if they fail to meet these obligations; and
- internal policies setting out our data security approach and training for employees.
Additional Services for Website
If you use the TheIoTPodcast Website, you may also consent to push notifications, text messages, alerts, emails or other types of messages directly sent to you outside or inside of the TheIoTPodcast App to your mobile device or desktop browser. If you declare your consent to receive such messages a device token will be generated, which will be associated with your device.
You have the following rights:
- the right to ask what personal data that we hold about you at any time, subject to a fee specified by law;
- the right to ask us to update and correct any out-of-date or incorrect personal data that we hold about you free of charge; and
- (as set out above) the right to opt out of any marketing communications that we may send you.
If you wish to exercise any of the above rights, please contact us using the contact details set out below.
Children and minors
TheIoTPodcast is not directed towards individuals under the age of eighteen (18), however we are aware due to the nature of our content those between 14 and 18 may use the Services. Individuals under the age of thirteen (13) are expressly prohibited from using TheIoTPodcast Website, unless parental consent is provided and we are notified.
Third Party Privacy Practices
Who to contact about your Personal Information
The data controller responsible for your information is TheIoTPodcast.
If you have any questions about this policy or our use of your Personal Information you can email: datacontroller@TheIoTPodcast.com. If you do not think we are handling your Personal Information adequately, you have the right to lodge a complaint with the Information Commissioner’s Office. Further information, including contact details, are available at ico.org.uk.
Please view the “Effective from” date at the top of these terms to see when it was last revised.
The Site is operated by Paratus People Limited. Paratus People Limited is registered in England and Wales. Registered number: 10121147 Registered address: 1st Floor, Canningford House, 38 Victoria Street, Bristol, England, BS1 6BY