Welcome to Episode 26 – The Guest Host Special! Join Paul Bullock, Director- BD, EDJX and Agustin Pelaez- CEO, Ubidots in exploring the fascinating realms of Build Vs. Buy, Edge Computing, Cloud Computing and Celluar-Edge Computing convergence ☁️ 💻 💥
The episode begins delving into the Build Vs. Buy debate, deliberating the advantages and disadvantages of using either process and discussing the question: When is the right time to use Build over Buy or Buy over Build. We then progress towards a compelling exploration of how Edge computing could have enabled more use cases for the Ubidots Application layer and vice versa. Finalising the episode, we cover a recent and exciting innovation- the convergence of Cellular, IoT and Edge Computing – and how this groundbreaking combination will solve the delay between investment and payback for decision-makers and operators.
Tune in and be the first to discover
- Paul and Agustin’s backgrounds 00:47- 04:06
- The Build Vs. Buy Debate: When is the right time to use Build over Buy or Buy over Build? 04:06-09:01
- Examples of Build vs Buy projects going wrong and why buy is critical for time to market 09:01- 13:29
- Building Application layers and Edge Computing layers: Exploring instances where Edge Computing may have enabled even more use cases on the Ubidots platform and vice versa 13:29- 18:57
- How Cellular and Edge Computing convergence will revolutionise content delivery and mobile user experience 18:57- 24:05
- How Edge compute, Cellular and IoT enablement will solve the delay between investment and payback for decision-makers and operators 24:05- 27:39
- New projects to look out for in Cloud and Edge computing 27:39- 30:06
More about the Guest Hosts:
Paul Bullock is the Director of Business Development at EDJX. As an expert within the field, he has a background in M2M, IoT and all levels of the network stack. In particular, he is specialised in product and business development, helping start-up Jersey Telekom and was previously director of BD at Arm.
Agustin Pelaez is the CEO and Co-Founder at Ubidots a business operating a data-driven IoT Application Platform to innovate IoT Application development. As a highly experienced Engineer, Agustin started engineering a monitoring solution for Airbus Germany, but with his co-founder –Gustavo – fathered the Ubidots platform to reduce waste and empower economisation of production resources.