In episode 24 we are joined by Dr. Jan-Marc Lischka, Co-Founder and Partner 5thIndustry to explore the world of Industry 4.0. and how manufacturing digitalisation will transform the future! 🏭
5th Industry is helping factories transform their operations into the digital world, providing applications that fit perfectly into IT landscapes and offer employees the transparency and flexibility needed to cope with any task in the factory.
Dr. Jan-Marc holds an extensive background in the Manufacturing sector heading up Industry 4.0. progression at Siemens for over a decade.
We start the episode by discussing why the need to keep up with technological advancement in the IIoT space is fundamental, lensing in on the key priorities of digitalising manufacturing. We then move on to what role the digital twin will play, and whether it is a significant innovation. Finally, we wrap up the episode exploring approaches that should be used to build up the IIoT space, why starting small with an incubation team is a determining factor between success and failure, and how we can encourage manufacturers as an ecosystem to implement AI and IoT into their supply chain.
Tune in and be the first to discover:
- Jan-Marc’s Manufacturing background in Siemens 00:44-02:33
- What is hindering digital transformation? 02:33- 06:31
- Why is it such a priority to digitalise manufacturing industries at the moment? 06:31- 09:00
- What is your view on digital twin and the future impact on manufacturing? 09:00-10:24
- What are the key considerations manufacturers should take into account when choosing to implement IoT into their supply chain? 10:24- 14:08
- Why is having a strong team focus crucial in the success of digitalisation projects? 14:08- 17:43
- What can we all do together to encourage manufacturers to be equally motivated in transforming their businesses with IoT and AI? 17:43-24: 20